What’s all this hubub?
MIDI.js ties together, and builds upon frameworks that bring MIDI to the browser. Combine it with jasmid to create a web-radio MIDI stream similar to this demo, or with Three.js, Sparks.js, or GLSL to create Audio/visual experiments. Piano/guitar
simulations, Drum machines, MIDI recording, and all kinds of certified funkitude is within your grasps!
Google Chrome is recommended for best listening experience, it’s timing perfection! Firefox and Safari can both perform a bit more like the piano has been drinking, arrr.
Carpe beerum, and commandeer yer own copy!
- Basic (play note)
- Multiple Instruments
- MIDI Player
- Whitney Music Box
- Color Piano by Michael Deal mudcube
- 3D Piano Player w/ Three.js by Borja Morales @reality3d
- Simon Says by Daniel Christopher uxmonk
- Brite Lite by Daniel Christopher uxmonk
- Euphony 3D Piano by Xueqiao Xu @qiao
- VexFlow by Mohit Muthanna @11111110b
- Spiral Keyboard by Patrick Snels
- Whitney Music Box by KrazyDad
- Ragamroll by Mani Balasubramanian
Many thanks to the authors of these libraries!
<audio>: HTML5 specs
WebAudio API: W3C proposal by Google
WebAudio API Shim
WebMIDI API Shim
SoundManager2 by Scott Schiller (Flash fallback)
Base64binary.js: Converts base64 soundfonts to binary for Web Audio API.